Title: Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
Reporting to: Associate Director
Salary: £28k – £38k
JBP is an award-winning full-service communications agency based in London and Bristol.
We are a leading media, stakeholder and political communications and engagement specialist agency and focus on always implementing the right communication, marketing & digital strategy to engage and enthuse stakeholders.
Our stakeholder clients include institutional investors, landowners, developers, and local authorities. We specialise in working on high-profile and politically sensitive planning/property, corporate ESG and climate emergency communications projects, managing political, media and community audiences.
The Account Manager is a key member of the team working on and managing a portfolio of clients whilst supporting and mentoring more junior members of staff to perform to the best of their ability.
They are a motivated and commercially focused individual who has a background in public affairs and stakeholder engagement, with a keen interest in the built environment and sustainability sectors. They will be passionate about using communications effectively to influence and engage.
The Account Manager will take responsibility for the day-to-day activities associated with managing stakeholder engagement campaigns across London and the south-east, under the supervision of an Associate Director.
They will help develop and deploy creative engagement programmes to meet the needs of clients.
This will include helping to create project narratives, organising public exhibitions, digital consultations and stakeholder events, conducting political and stakeholder research and preparing high quality materials for web and print.
They will demonstrate a good knowledge of the planning process and local government.
The Account Manager will:
- Develop and implement effective stakeholder engagement and public consultation programme
- Have excellent client account management skills and an ability to lead on accounts independently day to day.
- Manage workloads effectively across multiple projects and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Digital Executive to deliver client collateral for consultations, social media campaigns and other engagement material
- Attend client meetings and consultation events when necessary
- Provide advice and counsel to help guide clients’ activities, whilst appreciating where and when further strategic insight is required
- An appreciation of methods for cultivating and converting new business opportunities, and an understanding of the budget implications of their actions.
Skills required include:
- Two to three years agency experience in the stakeholder engagement field experience.
- Good understanding of local government and its politics, the property and planning sector, and community engagement
- Good people skills and track record of effective team working
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong IT skills
Interested? Please apply in the first instance by sending a CV and a covering letter of no more than one page, selling yourself & highlighting why you are a Just Brilliant Person for this exciting role to firstname.lastname@example.org