Do you want to level up political debate?
For too long, political debate has been disconnected from local communities and become the monopoly of SW1A. Where is the voice for community groups, service users and patients? Where is the seat at the table for local councillors, regional mayors and civil society when we discuss levelling-up?
Based in Smith Square in the heart of Westminster, crucially opposite the Local Government Association, Chamber is a new regional broadcaster connecting communities with political debate. If you are looking for a role that will redefine and disrupt orthodoxy, then this is an ideal role for you.
Chamber is recruiting for a talented group of enthusiastic interns who will work directly with the Chief Executive to deliver hybrid online/physical broadcasting events with leading political figures from across Westminster, Local Authorities and Regional Government. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with one of the most interesting networks of community leaders.
What we are looking for:
- Create unique content at events and in communications
- Write and produce insightful conferences and events
- Promotion of events through engaging social media and social marketing campaigns
- Book and brief political panellists from a national and local level
- Select and invite community, charity and industry leaders and experts to speak across a range of events
- Securing local, regional and national media coverage
- Support speakers, maintain relationships and prepare them to present at events
- Meet deadlines
- Oversee event running, including speaker liaisons and relationship management
As growing companies, Chamber and community interest company Curia are looking for people who wish to grow the business.
We are looking for:
- Great writers
- Initiative takers
- Team players
- Network builders
Interns will receive direct one-to-one training from a team of experts in the field. Given the amount of digital activity, it is vital that applicants have experience of social media, campaigns, and attention to detail in respect of written communications.
You do not need to be a graduate to apply, we are committed to diversity and would value people will varying backgrounds to apply. As part of the application process, skills will need to be demonstrated and a writing test will be given.