Assistant Business Editor at Sunday Times special guest at Entrepreneurs Dinner co-hosted by JBP
10 October 2014, News
Andrew Lynch, Assistant Business Editor at the Sunday Times, will be providing media relations advice to some of the UK’s fastest and most entrepreneurial businesses at a special dinner debate on Monday 13 October in Bristol.
The debate will focus on how high potential businesses and mid-market companies can punch above their weight when it comes to communications and in turn drive up business performance.
Lynch will cover off what he’s looking for from businesses that pitch stories into him and his team, as well as the different editorial opportunities for the SME sector within the paper.
Chris Lawrance, Managing Director at JBP, said: “Business owners will get first hand insight on how to get published in one of the UK’s leading newspapers, renowned for its business coverage. The debate will also provide an opportunity for companies to discuss how they can effectively communicate to meet their strategic goals.”
Those attending the dinner include:
- Griff Holland, founder, Friska, a healthy fast food restaurant chain offering seasonal, ethically sourced fresh food to eat in, take away or for office catering for breakfasts and lunches.
- Russell Lane, founder of Brunel Professional Risks, one of the UK’s fastest growing Professional indemnity insurance brokers. The company acts for some 4,000 professional clients, employs over 40 staff and has offices in Bristol and in London opposite Lloyd’s.
- Henry Nurser, CEO of Blu Wireless Technology Ltd, which designs and licenses silicon IP for 60GHz and other mm wave applications.
- Nick Hounsfield, founder of The Wave, the planned man-made surfing lake near Bristol, one of the first of its kind in the country.
- Oliver Latter, CEO of Boomeco, leading re-processors and recyclers of wood and refuse waste.
- David Pedley, CEO of GWP Group, leading producers of industrial packaging.
- Max Nodder, Director, Viper Subsea Technology Ltd, specialists in the design and supply of subsea distribution systems and equipment (hydraulic, chemical, electrical and/ or optical).
- Fred Cairns-Palmer, founder of WaterCoolers Direct, leading supplier of water coolers.
- Alan Bailey, joint founder and Chairman of Brunel Industries, which specialises in the commercialisation of energy efficient and low carbon technologies
- Andrew Simmonds, founder of BNS Management Services, a property management company.
JBP has organised the event in partnership with Barclays and BDO.