Title: PR Account Director
Reporting to: PR Director
Salary: £45k – £50k
JBP is an award-winning full-service communications agency based in Bristol, London and Warwick.
Our vision is to make a difference in a disruptive and connected world for the benefit of our clients and colleagues.
We do this through our expertise and continuous skills development in media, stakeholder and political communications and engagement to support the ambitions of our B2B and B2C clients as well as the career aspirations of our Just Brilliant People. Our key markets include consumer tech, health and social care, logistics, property, environmental solutions, telecommunications, clean energy tech and public transport providers.
Through our work we’re also helping to create a better and fairer world. For example we have established a subsidiary, Climate Communications, to promote the initiatives, services and solutions of organisations which are addressing climate change.
This extends to our work in the community where we are supporting the development of our people through providing free services to third sector and community interest organisations who are leading on climate action
The health & wellbeing of our colleagues is important to us and we recognise the need for good work/life balance. Therefore we operate hybrid working, balancing time in the office with remote working. In addition we have mental health ambassadors to support our colleagues when they need it the most and encourage an open and honest culture where people can talk freely about their feelings.
Likewise an individual’s development is a priority for us and we pay for everyone to be members of the CIPR (Chartered Institute of Public Relations) and provide the learning and development to support people personally and professionally.
The PR Account Director is a key member of the team working on and managing a portfolio of clients whilst supporting and mentoring team members of staff to perform to the best of their ability.
The successful candidate is a motivated and commercially focused individual with experience and knowledge in Public Relations, preferably from an agency background and passionate about using communications effectively to influence and engage.
The PR Account Director will take responsibility for the day-to-day activities associated with managing clients communications and engagement activities.
They will help develop and deploy creative PR programmes to meet the needs of clients.
As a PR Account Director you will:
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative and take charge of clients requirements
- Forge strong and productive client relationships
- Manage workloads effectively across multiple projects and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and on-budget
- Work closely with other teams within JBP to coordinate integrated communications programmes
- Provide strategic counsel and insight to shape clients’ communications programme
- Be involved in new business development, leading on team brainstorms, creation of PR proposals and new business pitches
- Have experience of managing and formulating budgets.
Skills required include:
- A minimum of 5-6 years agency experience in PR in either an agency and/or in house role
- Excellent organizational skills
- First class writing skills
- Outstanding people management skills and track record of effective team working
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong IT skills
Rewards and benefits
– competitive salary
– 25 days holiday
– free CIPR membership
Interested? Please apply in the first instance by sending a CV and a covering letter of no more than one page, detailing why you can be our next Just Brilliant Person for this exciting role to firstname.lastname@example.org