Title: Researcher (Intern)
Working For: JBP
Salary: Living Wage
Length of Contract: 6 months with the possibility to extend or be awarded a permanent contract depending on performance.
JBP is an award-winning full-service communications agency founded in Bristol with offices in London, Warwick and Manchester. JBP was founded 38 years ago by Jennifer Bryant-Pearson and has since grown into one of the UK’s foremost consultancies.
We are a leading media, stakeholder, and political communications agency with a focus on implementing the right communication, marketing & digital strategy to engage and enthuse stakeholders.
Our clients include international corporations, national trade bodies, infrastructure organisations, developers, and local authorities.
JBP’s internship programme is designed to attract the best talent in the UK from all backgrounds. This position offers extensive experience in the realm of stakeholder engagement for property and planning projects across the South West of England and a grounding in public relations on a wide range of projects.
Our scheme is designed for recent graduates, college leavers or those looking to increase their knowledge of the sector. You will not need any previous experience to apply, however, demonstrable political interest and awareness of current affairs is desirable. You will experience working as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team, with opportunities to work on a variety of client accounts across a range of contexts, helping to develop your understanding of stakeholder engagement.
You will be the first port of call for the initial stages of desk-based research projects, media monitoring and database-building. You will also be exposed to more client-facing activities where you will experience first-hand how projects progress through the planning process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High standard of written work
- Strong planning, time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrable interest in politics (especially local politics)
- Experience of working successfully in a team environment
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Regular political and media monitoring to ensure both the team, and clients are kept up to date of key developments.
- Stakeholder research and auditing, to enable clients to be thoroughly briefed and accurately advised by client teams ahead of meetings.
- A familiarity with social media and an ability to utilise it effectively to communicate clients’ messages.
- Stakeholder mapping of political and media stakeholders
- Producing briefings and conducting entry-level stakeholder engagement
- Other administrative duties as required.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Closing Date: 17 October 2023
Interview/Start Dates: As soon as possible
We may interview strong candidates before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible. The start date is as soon as possible.
Submit your CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter (no more than one page).
Please submit all documents to email@example.com with the subject line ‘JBP Internship Application’.