JBP Associates are looking for a Senior Government Affairs Manager to take on a leading role within the rapidly expanding Westminster based Public Affairs team. The Senior Government Affairs Manager will manage the day-to-day activities associated with the business development, execution and measurement of public affairs, communication, and engagement activities for all our public affairs clients.
The role will be involved with a wide variety of clients and will have experience of and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of public or parliamentary affairs, either in an agency or an in-house role or working to a senior level in parliament.
- Experience of working in government would be beneficial.
- Understanding of UK parliamentary and government processes.
- Understanding of European institutions, local government, and devolved administrations.
- Experience of legislative and regulatory development and procedure.
- Good personal contacts including in government, opposition, parliament, political parties, other stakeholders etc.
- Producing content for parliamentary/policy briefings, responding to consultations.
- Expertise in a specific policy area would be useful.
- Event management.
- Line management responsibilities also beneficial.
The Senior Government Affairs Manager’s duties will include:
- Developing strategies and managing campaigns and being the main day-to-day contact for many of our clients.
- Establishing a strong relationship and rapport with the client’s lead contact and other team members and becoming a trusted source of advice to clients.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities and leading on pitches.
- Management of client budgets and use of appropriate resources.
- Developing useful and relevant political, media and business networks.
- Utilising and acting upon daily received information and intelligence.
- Horizon scanning for upcoming policy developments and activities.
- Line management responsibility for other team members including mentoring and appraising team members.
- Working closely with senior management team on overall company direction and strategy.
- Maximising digital opportunities and producing content.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send a CV, and a covering letter of no more than one page, setting out why you are interested in the role to the Director of Public Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Senior Government Affairs Manager Application’.
We may interview strong candidates before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible. Start date immediate subject to notice periods.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday, 17 May