Go Ultra Low West
Discipline: Public Relations, Public Policy, Stakeholder engagement Industry: Environmental
JBP was appointed in August 2015 to deliver an integrated communications and engagement campaign to support the West of England’s four local authorities’ combined bid for funding from the Office of Low Emission Vehicles, in a competitive bidding process against 12 other regions for a share of £40 million. The aim was to demonstrate local support and commitment to invest in the roll out of electric vehicles and associated infrastructure.
Areas of support
- Political and business engagement, media relations, online and digital communications to build support for the bid
- Develop a campaign identity, established an online presence through the existing TravelWest website
- Production of campaign literature
- Work with key local partners such as Business West to write to more than 130 local employers, elected members and West of England MPs, to seek their support for the bid.
- More than 50 businesses and local leaders attended an event held at Bristol & Bath Science Park
- Pledges of support were made by more than 30 local employers, making a total commitment to provide investment for nearly 100 plug in vehicles for the region
- We secured 15 pieces of positive coverage with a combined reach of more than 400,000
- The social media campaign resulted in the #ultralowwest hashtag being shared more than 120 times in a week, extending the reach of the content to more than 350,000 Twitter users
- The end result was an award of £7 million from the Government, with the West of England named as one of four winning bids