Title: Account Manager
Salary: £30k – £38k DOE
JBP is an award-winning full-service communications agency based in London and Bristol.
We are a leading media, stakeholder, and political communications agency with a focus on implementing the right communication, marketing & digital strategy to engage and enthuse stakeholders.
Our public affairs clients include international corporates, national trade bodies, infrastructure organisations, developers, and local authorities. We specialise in working on high-profile and politically sensitive campaigns, providing the best advice on how to navigate Westminster and Whitehall.
JBP Associates are looking for a highly motivated Account Manager to join their Westminster based Public Affairs team. The Account Manager is a key member of the team working on and managing a portfolio of clients whilst supporting and mentoring more junior members of staff to perform to the best of their ability.
The Account Manager will be responsible for the day to day activities associated with the development, execution and measurement of public affairs activities, for a number of our clients.
The Account Manager will be involved with a wide variety of clients and will benefit from having experience of the following:
- Experience of public or parliamentary affairs, either in an agency or an in-house role
- Experience of working to a senior level in parliament and an understanding of UK parliamentary and government processes;
- Proven experience in developing strategy documents for political and/or public affairs campaigns;
- Understanding and experience of trade associations is desirable;
- Understanding of local government and devolved administrations;
- Experience of legislative and regulatory development and procedure;
- Producing content for parliamentary/policy briefings, responding to consultations;
Reporting to the Account Director, the Account Manager duties will include:
- Developing and managing campaigns and being the main day to day contact for certain clients, establishing a strong rapport with the client’s lead contact and other team members;
- Horizon scanning for new opportunities amongst their network and supporting senior members of the team in the preparation of pitch documents.
- Participating in new business pitches;
- Developing useful and relevant political, media and business networks;
- Assistance with and responsibilities for other team members and management of the London Office;
- Support with management of client budgets.
Closing Date: 4 November 2022, 5.00pm
We may interview strong candidates before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible. Start date immediate subject to notice periods.
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, please send a CV, and a covering letter of no more than one page, setting out why you are interested in the role to email@example.com with the subject ‘Account Manager Application’.